Hello NHA Players and Parents:
Welcome to the 2021-22 NHA hockey season. Registration is now open and will stay open until September 19th. Please ensure you have registered online by September 19th or in-person at our Puck Drop event on September 19th from 2:00-5:00pm.
For the 2021-22 season, NHA will be doing a cooperative with Faribault Hockey Association for the Girls program at levels U8-U15. NHA hosted an informational meeting regarding the coop for all girls’ parents on August 5th. The coop teams will include a U15 girls’ team. All players must still register through their home association. If you would like more information on the girls cooperative program, please contact Brittney Hubbard our Girls Program Director. You can find her contact information on the Board page on the NHA website.
The NHA boys program will not be a cooperative and will operate as it has in past seasons.
Currently, there are no restrictions in place from Minnesota Hockey regarding Covid-19 and safe play. This could change in the coming months, and we will continue to communicate any information as we have received it. We will once again count on our NHA families to support us in these challenging times by remaining flexible and to work with us to make this season a success.
Here is some high-level information for the upcoming 2021-22 season.
- NHA will continue with online registration beginning August 10th through September 19th. This will be the last day to register for levels Squirts/U10 and older.
- We will also have on-site registration and drop off of DIBS checks at the Puck Drop event at the arena on Sunday, September 19th from 2:00pm to 5:00pm. Board members will be present to assist with registration and to collect forms and payments. Dibs checks and rental deposit checks can be turned in at Puck Drop. There will be no on-ice activities on this day as the ice will not yet be in.
- Practices for all levels (excluding Mites/U6) will begin the week of September 27th. Mites/U6 practices will begin in mid-October.
- Tryouts for Squirts/U10, Peewees/U12, and Bantams/U15s will occur in early to mid-October and will be completed by October 17th prior to MEA weekend.
- Volunteer/Concession(DIBS) hours will be set at 20 hours per family this year and we will be offering our traditional buyout option for $400. If you plan to complete your DIBS hours you will need to deliver a check for $500 to NHA prior to your first practice. Checks can be delivered to NHA members at the NHA Puck Drop or dropped in the NHA box at the Arena. If you plan to do the buyout, you can choose that option during registration and pay the $400 online.
- Each NHA Family will also be required to participate in NHA fundraising. NHA Fundraising this year will consist of the Heggies Pizza Sales.
- Registration Fees for the upcoming season are below. Families will still have the option of paying registration in three installments.
- Goalie registration fees will again be ½ of the fee for their level.
- We will be offering free registration for any first-year goalie who would like to commit to playing goalie for the season. If you are interested or know someone who is interested, please have them contact Chris Kennelly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any player who is new to hockey (first year skater) at the Squirt/U10 or Sr. Mite/U8 level will only pay $125 for registration
- Equipment rental is available for Sr. Mite/8U and Mites/Mini-Mites/6U for $50 for the season.
- We will be getting new jerseys for Squirts/U10 and Peewees/U12 this year. We will continue to have the process of the first year Squirts/U10 or any new players to Squirts/U10 and Peewee/U12 levels paying for their jerseys at a cost of $70. More information will be available about jerseys and number process as the season gets closer.
- If you are seeking scholarship assistance, please contact the Northfield Community Action Center (CAC) prior to registration. You will not be able to register without an approval email from the CAC confirming you have completed your scholarship request. Please see the scholarship tab on our website for more information.
- Don’t forget about the recruiting incentive in place again this year. Families will receive a $50 credit if the player they recruit to the program stays through January 1. If you have a credit from the previous year, please contact the registrar for your credit code before completing your registration. Details are on the website here.
The link to start the registration process is in the maroon ribbon below.
Should you have any questions regarding this season or registration, please contact us.
Thank you and let’s make is a great season!
Teresa Sparks, NHA Registrar and Chris Kennelly, NHA President