This page contains the NHA Covid-19 Preparation Plan and Additional Covid-19 Resources. NHA and the Northfield City Arena will be closely following the Phase 3 Return-to-Play Guidelines from Minnesota Hockey.
Below you will find links to NHA Plan, MN Hockey guidelines, and other resources on Covid-19.
Here are some the key points about use of Northfield Arena. Please read NHA Covid Preparation Plan for more details:
Arriving at the Rink:
- Anyone experiencing symptoms consistent with COVID-19 or signs of illness should not attend events or enter the arena.
- Parents are encouraged to drop their skater at the arena and not to attend practices. One parent will be allowed in the arena for practice to help with equipment if necessary. No siblings of participants will be allowed in the arena for a practice.
- No spectators are allowed at this time.
- Parents should drop their skater at the main entry to the building as this will be the main point of entrance.
- Masks will be required for all individuals entering the arena. This includes players, coaches, officials, and spectators. Masks will be required at all times including on the ice.
- Players must arrive at the arena fully dressed except for skates, helmets, and gloves. Coaches should also arrive dressed for practice with the exception of skates, helmets, and gloves.
- Players will be allowed into the arena 10 minutes prior to the start of their event.
- Locker rooms will not be available for use and players will not be allowed to bring bags into the arena. Goalies will be allowed to bring and bag into the arena and should arrive half dressed.
During the Event:
- Coaches will be required to wear masks while on the ice or on the bench.
- Groups on the ice will be limited to two groups of not more than 25 each as per Minnesota Hockey guidelines.
- Coaches and players will work to maintain as much separation as possible and will not use the bench during practices.
- Spectators at events will wear masks and maintain social distancing guidelines.
- Only two referees will be allowed on the ice. Masks are optional for referees.
- Only one person, or family members, will be allowed to work the score table and clock in the penalty box.
- There will be no huddles, post-game celebrations, or handshakes.
- Players wishing to bring water bottles must fill the water bottles at home and bring to the event. Water bottles must not be shared with others.
After the Event:
- Spectators will exit the arena immediately following an event and will exit through west door of the arena not the main entry.
- Participants will leave the ice surface to their locker room and must exit the arena within 10 minutes. Participants will exit through the west doors of the arena and can be picked up by their parent outside of the west door and concrete ramp area.
- Coaches or team manager will remain at the arena until all participants from their team have exited the arena.